International Pay it Forward Day, Friday 28th April 2017, is a day for giving acts of kindness without expecting anything back in return, other than the hope that the kindness will be passed forward.
Our colleagues at Sefton 4 Good would like to challenge you to a join in a ‘give-athon’ of a day to make a difference in Sefton!
Can you give a smile at a stranger or take the Sefton 4 Good Challenge of saying “good morning” to 3 people you wouldn’t normally speak to?
Here are some ideas of things that other people have done for pay it forward day include:
- Can for Kindness – you can collect cans of non-perishable foods and give to a charity who would benefit.
- Book Giving – Leave a book in a public place for someone to find, with a note about Pay It Forward Day.
- Buying the train or bus ticket for the person behind you
- Giving your time to someone in need
- Buy a stranger a cup of coffee
- On a rainy day, buy a few umbrella’s and give them to those who don’t have one and are getting wet.
The possibilities are endless, so who will you make smile today?
Please tell us if you have any ideas about things you hope to do on the 28th April or, on the day, tell us what you have done for International Pay it Forward Day and how it made you feel. Contact us by emailing: Info@sefton4good.org or Tweet us @sefton4good or use the hashtag #Sefton4Good.
There are loads more things you can do, so please share your ideas with us and we’ll put as many as we can on our webpage and through social media.