Location: The Atkinson, Southport
Hours: We hold monthly meetings for two hours at 5-7 pm
Accountable to: The Atkinson Development
Closing date: 1pm, Monday 2nd July 2018
The Atkinson Development Trust is a charity run by a small, committed group of skilled volunteers who have a shared love of Sefton and The Atkinson. Established in 2015, we’re still growing and developing.
Our aim, in short, is to raise money. What interests us is what we can do with the funds we raise. We all believe in the transformative power of art. And we believe that communities thrive best when they have civic pride and a sense of place. So, the Trust was established to work in partnership with The Atkinson to use its collections to make a positive impact on local people’s lives.
The Treasurer’s role is to:
- Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation, ensuring they are legal and constitutional
- Ensure that proper records are kept and effective financial procedures are in place
- Oversee the production and adoption of annual budgets, financial reports/returns, accounts and audits
- Appraise the financial viability of plans, proposals and feasibility studies
- Liaise with Trustees making them aware of their financial obligations and ensuring the financial viability of the organisation
- Lead on appointing and liaising with auditors/an independent examiner
- Contribute to the pool of expertise and advice i.e. making advice and expertise available to the Board, staff and volunteers
- Make an active contribution in organising fundraising on behalf of The Atkinson Development Trust
- Govern i.e directing and controlling the organisation through collective decision-making. This is a mandatory requirement of every Trustee.
Please see the attached for more information about the role:
If you have any questions please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Atkinson website is: https://www.theatkinson.co.uk/