Would you like to gain skills and experience by volunteering for Mersey Care NHS Trust?
Merseycare NHS Foundation Trust are currently seeking volunteers for their service called Ambition Sefton which provides help and support to residents of Sefton with drug and alcohol problems. We offer a wide range of recovery focused treatment pathways.
They are looking for Service Support Volunteers & Recovery Support Volunteers and have vacancies in Bootle and Southport.
Volunteers would need to have available during the day (mornings or afternoons) on weekdays, Monday to Friday.
Among the benefits for volunteers are:
- Gaining hands on knowledge of drug and alcohol services
- A full ongoing training package
- A free DBS check
- Developing confidence and employability skills
- Gaining a reference after 6 months volunteering
- Support and supervision
- Travel expenses paid
In order to apply you are required to:
- Be over 18
- Provide references
- Undergo a DBS check
- Attend a formal interview
- Agree to an occupational health check
- Attend around 2 days of training prior to volunteering
If you are interested please email or call for a chat and application form:
Mindy Johnston, Ambition Sefton, Sefton House, Canal Street, L20 8AH
The deadline for applications is Friday 25th October 2019.