Queemscourt Hospice in Southport are looking for volunteers to support their fundraising activities during December.
Queenscourt Hospice is a local charity which provides specialist palliative care and support to people in Southport, Formby and West Lancashire with a life-limiting or terminal illness. One in three people will be touched by hospice care and Queenscourt Hospice cares for and supports over 1,000 people every year and also supports families of patients through our Stepping Stones programme which provides bereavement support.
Fundraiser Volunteers work in conjunction with the Community Fundraiser to raise vital funds for, and awareness of, Queenscourt Hospice within the local and wider community.
Ideally volunteers will be able to offer a couple of hours each months, although dates and times can vary. However the Community Fundraiser will keep you aware of the fundraising opportunities as they arise.
Volunteers need to be approachable, friendly and enthusiastic.
In return for their time, volunteers can expect:
- Full support from the Community Fundraiser and the Fundraising team
- Opportunities to meet with staff and volunteers throughout the year
- Information about the collections schedule, plus additional information on how to get involved in further fundraising events and activities
- Your expenses paid within agreed guidelines
- Regular updates from Queenscourt Hospice and the Fundraising team about their success
If you have any further enquiries about this role, please get in touch with the Fundraising Team on 01704 517 420.
Alternatively, if you have any further enquiries about Volunteering at Queenscourt Hospice, Southport please get in touch with the Volunteer Coordinator on 01704 544 645 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.