It’s that time of the year when many people consider making positive changes to their lives. It might be exercising more, making new friends, learning a new skill or any number of other resolutions!
Here at Volunteer Centre Sefton, we think that becoming a volunteer is a great way of making a change for 2020. Indeed, volunteering can positively impact your lives in a variety of ways. Here are some of them:
- Volunteering is a great way to meet new people, and to make new friends. As well as widening your social circle, it can also provide you with new professional contacts!
- Volunteering offers you the chance to learn new skills and gain experience. This might just be for fun or personal development, but it can also develop your CV and help in looking for work. Some organisations might also help their volunteers to gain qualifications.
- Whether taking part in envriomental work, coaching sport or looking after the stock in a charity shop, volunteering can help you to be more active.
- Getting involved with a charity, community group or other volunteer-involving organisation will also give you the opportunity to see how you can make a difference. Whether its through supporting individuals, fundraising, or being a member of a management committee, volunteers can have real impact on their communities.
- All of the above can be reasons why volunteers often find that volunteering helps them to build confidence. It might be as a result of seeing how they have developed through their volunteering, or the diffrence their volunteering has made to others.
If you would like to find out more about volunteering, what volunteer roles are available, and whether its for you, we can arrange an informal face-to-face chat.
Alternatively, you can search our online database, where you can browse the roles available and enquire about any that might be of interest to you.
For more information, you can call Volunteer Centre Sefton on 0151 920 0726 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.