New guidance has been issued regarding safe and effective volunteering during coronavirus.
The full guidance can be found here, and applies to volunteering activity in England.
The guidance covers the following key points, and is essential reading for anyone coordinating volunteers or organising volunteer activity.
- Who can volunteer
- Workplace closures
- Volunteering in groups and around others
- Travelling to volunteer or while volunteering
- Face coverings
- Coronavirus testing for volunteers
- Ensuring volunteers and their workplaces are safe
- Safeguarding volunteers
- Insurance and volunteers
- Volunteers who claim benefits or who are ‘furloughed’
- Involving volunteers in mutual aid groups and community support groups
- Local information and resources
As previously mentioned, this guidance has been developed for invididuals who run volunteer-involving groups or organisations, or who manage volunteers.