This is a great opportunity for an experienced administrator to support an exciting, new, local organisation, Imagine Formby!
Imagine Formby (IF) is a volunteer-based community organisation that is passionate about improving life in Formby. They are a volunteer-led Community Interest Company (CIC) set up to make Formby a more environmentally friendly, exciting, healthy and happy place to live, work and visit,
They need a volunteer with the following administration skills:
- Organising Meetings
- Minute Taking
- Maintaining contact lists
- Communicating with group members
- Maintaining records of income and expenditure
Experience of using Microsoft Office will be invaluable.
Additionally, they need support with their external communications:
- Facebook / Instagram / Twitter
- Posters / Flyers
- Press Releases
Experience of event organisation would also be useful as they are planning regular, community events.
They estimate a time commitment of 0.5 days / week.
Full training will be given.
About Imagine Formby
They are structured into four groups focusing on key areas that were highlighted in a community survey: Environment / Art, Culture and Heritage / Local Business / Youth and Community.
They will consult with and maintain communication with local residents, organisations and traders to encourage ‘ownership’ of developments.
– Work in partnership with Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council in seeking funds for projects, and integrating with Sefton Council economic regeneration policies.
– Seek partnerships with local schools, youth organisations and local community groups and societies to promote joint working
– Devise, develop, manage and implement exciting arts, cultural and community projects, raising funds to do so.
– Operates through inclusion, collaboration and co-operation.
– Does not allow racism, sexism or any other form of discrimination.
– Refuses sponsorship from any unethical sources of finance.- Is a safe, supportive, respectful, environment where all voices are heard, where people can share ideas and work together.
If you are interested and would like further information on this role, please contact Blair Hilton (Director) on:
Address: 16 Chapel Lane, Formby (1st Floor). L37 5DU.