Mencap are a charity who’s value and support people with a learning disability, and their families and carers. At Mencap Liverpool and Sefton, they support adults over the age of 18 who have learning disabilities to access as many opportunities as they can within society.
Their vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Mencap are recruiting for people who are unemployed/eligible to work AND in receipt of benefits to join their Volunteer project.
The role includes supporting staff and Mencap members as they undertake various activities and sessions in Liverpool.
These include a Young Persons Group, Employability sessions, Friday Football as well as other brilliant social and educational groups for their members.
As part of this exciting project they can offer you:
- Paid DBS
- Travel passes and expenses
- Ongoing support from our dedicated volunteer coordinator
- Training around learning disability/safeguarding/volunteering
- Access to other training course within the community to fit your needs
- Support in accessing employment and further education
- And above all, the opportunity to have fun and meet new people as you support them to develop their social skills
DUE TO THE FUNDING OF THIS PROJECT THEY CAN ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM ADULTS OVER 17 WHO LIVE IN LIVERPOOL AND SEFTON, WHO ARE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UK AND ARE IN RECEIPT OF BENEFITS.
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity please contact Emma Hammond (Volunteer Coordinator) on:
Phone Number: 07554410555 or Email: email@example.com