The Volunteer Centre Sefton supports people looking to volunteer or be more active in their local area. How often and how long you volunteer for is entirely up to you.
Volunteer Centre Sefton has purchased the Volunteer Connect system to help local people to find volunteer roles in and around the Sefton area.
To browse the Volunteer Connect database:
- Click on the link below to browse opportunities
- Use the drop down menus to select what area of volunteering (eg. Animals, Children, Disability, etc.) and which activities you are interested in
- Add any relevant details in the information boxes provided
- Click Search
You will then be provided with a list of roles for you to choose from and you find out more information about any role by clicking on the Details button.
You can express an interest in any of those roles by registering with Volunteer Connect. This will also allow you to be kept informed of new volunteering opportunities.
If you have any problems using the Volunteer Connect system, or you would like support and advice about accessing volunteer opportunities, please call 0151 920 0726 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please use our Contact Form
Why get involved?
There are many reason to volunteer. These include:
- Making a real difference to your community
- Improving your health and wellbeing
- Gaining new skills
- Meeting new people
- Improving your education and employment opportunities
- Enjoying yourself!
What can you do?
There are hundreds of volunteer-involving groups and organisations in Sefton, from those that deliver one-off events, to those that support their communities on an ongoing basis. Here are just a few examples of what’s out there:
- Children and Youth
- Sport and Leisure
- Older People
- Public events
- Community work
How can you get involved?
Volunteer Centre Sefton has a friendly team of staff who can provide:
- One-to-one information, advice and guidance sessions in Southport (North Sefton) and Waterloo (South Sefton).
- Access to our volunteering database
- Telephone advice and guidance