The Volunteer Centre Sefton’s Key activities during 2016/17 included:
- Helping 1,119 individuals to access volunteering opportunities.
- Supporting 509 organisations with deploying volunteers or promoting volunteering.
- Launching a new improved online search engine of volunteering opportunities – VC Connect.
- Advertising 496 volunteering opportunities from 307 organisations during the year.
- Delivering two volunteer recruitment, induction and retention masterclasses.
- Promoting volunteering via displays at a number of local events and venues including Maghull District Nurses Network, the Preparing for Adulthood event, Maricourt High School and the Sefton Big Choices event.
- Organising a celebration event during Volunteers’ Week at which certificates were presented recognising 116,952 hours of volunteering. This equates to a contribution of £1.541 million to the Sefton economy based on average earnings in the borough.
- Presenting the first-ever Volunteer Involving Project of the Year award to Home-Start Southport and Formby.
- Presenting the inaugural Volunteer of the Year award to the Chair of Home-Start Southport and Formby, Sue Pennington.
- Supporting the Formby Area Partnership in working through local faith groups and projects in community buildings to provide improved services for older people in the town.
Click here to download the latest Sefton CVS Annual Report – which includes key activities and highlights from the Volunteer Centre Sefton.